Workstreams is being introduced in conjunction with Forecast and Automated Schedule and will be the foundation of these features. Think of Workstreams as your regular Zendesk channels, but with a twist! We listened to your feedback and created an option for you to not only look into your regular channels such as Tickets, Chats, and Voice but also to go wild and define the exact channels and specific conditions. This way, you can create your own custom channels or segmentations to reflect the type of work your team does!
If you would like to know more about the via types available in reference to Zendesk, you can check Zendesk via type reference here.
Check out our product manager, MJ, in action while creating Workstreams!
To start working with Workstreams, you'll need to make sure you have the Schedule - Manager (Full Access) permission enabled for your Tymeshift account. You may want to check how to here. Once you've checked, you can follow the steps below to access Workstreams:
- Click on the gear icon on the top navigation bar in your Tymeshift web application.
- Select Organization Structure from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Workstreams.
Important: When applying conditions to your Workstreams, keep in mind that the section Meet ALL of the following conditions utilizes the and operator. This means that each condition in this section must be true for a ticket in order for the Workstream to identify it. Conditions in the Meet ANY of the following conditions utilize the or operator. This means that at least one condition in this section must be true for a ticket to be calculated in the Workstream.
Once you access Workstreams, you can create and add any additional Workstreams. To do so you can follow the steps below:
- On the top right of your screen, click Add Workstream.
- Give your Workstream a name.
- Add a custom color by clicking on palette, this color will be also used in the Forecast visualization.
- Describe the purpose of the Workstream (this step is optional).
- Edit the conditions you want to assign to the Workstream:
- Choose a contact type from Tickets, Chat, or Voice.
- You can define by type with even more granularity for Tickets and Voice channels.
- Select additional conditions by choosing a specific Group, Tag, Brand, or Form that you use in Zendesk.
- Make sure to click on Preview match for conditions above to verify that the Workstream is showing you expected values.
- Finally, hit Apply.
Important: Workstreams take into account each time a ticket enters a workstream, including changes made from one workstream to another. Keep in mind that the Workstream's preview match does not reflect unique tickets entering a workstream — every time a ticket enters that workstream, it will be counted. Here's an example of the Workstream count:
Note: The section Edit users assigned to this Workstream should be used for defining the exact team members that have the skill to perform the type of work you are specifying with that Workstream. This will not have any effect on the Forecast calculations, but it will be used with the Automated Schedule feature.
Note: The Workstreams will capture any tickets created after the installation of Tymeshift. Tickets created before it, will not be matched to a Workstreams in Agent Activity, but will be counted towards historical volume in Forecast.
Editing a Workstream is simple! Just follow these steps:
- Access your Workstreams page.
- Select the Workstream you wish to edit.
- Click on the pencil icon to open the Workstream properties.
- Make your changes.
- Finally, hit Apply to save your modifications.
Note: If a Workstream has its current conditions changed, the updates made will be visible on the ticket tracking only once a user updates the ticket.
- Access your Workstreams page.
- Select the Workstream you wish to delete.
- Click on the Pencil icon to open the Workstream properties.
- Click on Delete Workstream.
- Confirm your decision, by clicking on Delete.