You can now import and export your schedules in tymeshift! This new import feature will help you move your current spreadsheets into tymeshift comprehensive scheduling tool with ease. You can also now export a CSV of your schedules with ease using our export schedule function.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Auto-Schedule.
2. In the top right corner, click on the CSV icon.
3. Select Import Schedule.
4. Once you fill out the Schedule Import Template, upload the CSV file to Tymeshift.
5. Click the “Apply and replace schedule” button to publish!
Note: There will be 2 files to download that will help you: The "Schedule Import Template" is the one you’ll have to fill out to upload in Tymeshift. The "Task Field Keys" will have the IDs for all your Workstreams, General Tasks, and Time Off Reasons.
Important: If there is an error in your template, it will return a message indicating what you need to correct.
Some points to keep in mind when importing schedules:
- Time offs that are imported will not be overwritten during schedule import and can result in 2 or more layers of times offs in the same period.
- All shifts will be overwritten if they start on the same day UTC.
- If there are overlaps due to overnight shifts, the imports does not delete the previous day schedule but will create overlaps.
- When filling out the Import template, please make sure the agents name and emails matches exactly in tymeshift. An easy way to do this would be to export a list of your tymeshift agents from the Agent Permissions and using that as a base.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Auto-Schedule.
- In the top right corner, click on the CSV icon
- Select Export Schedule.
- Select if you want to export the Published version of the schedule or the Draft version
- Select the dates you want to export.
- Select the users.
- Click Export Schedule and your export will be sent to your e-mail as soon as it is ready.
Important: If there is no schedule entered OR the schedule is not published, your Export will download empty for that date and/or users. It's always good practice to double-check the dates you are exporting to make sure everything is ready to be exported.