Welcome to Tymeshift's Free Plan 🎊 Our goal with this plan is to allow support teams that are using Zendesk to automatically gain instant visibility into their support teams' activities inside of Zendesk - completely free for life.
Let's walk through step by step how you can configure your account.
When you are ready to give the Tymeshift Freemium plan a try, you'll need the help of the Tymeshift team to get you started. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist in getting this plan installed together.
Step 1: Configure your global account settings
Use this template and fill in your Zendest domain to head into the Tymeshift WebApp admin area: https://yourzendeskdomain.tymeapp.com/admin (for example: https://abcde.tymeapp.com/admin)
Or, if you are in your Tymeshift account already, you can access it like this:
- Click on Admin .
- Click on Settings.
Once you have accessed this page, you can make changes to your settings.
- Account Details: you can enter your company's necessary information (e.g., name, email, phone number, etc.).
- Time and Currency: you can set up your preferences in regards to the default time format, timezone, week start, calendar start day, time format.
Step 2: Set up your General Tasks
- Go to Admin.
- Click on General Tasks.
- Click Add General Task on the top-right of the screen
- Add as many General Tasks as you’d like and click Save
- You’ve successfully set up your General Tasks
You can add a subtask, edit, or delete a General Task by clicking on the icons located on the right side of each task. Just hover your cursor over the right side of each General Task to make the icons appear.
- we recommend assigning a different color to each General Task. To do this, click on the color box to the left of each task’s name.
- you can easily reorder your General Tasks within Tymeapp by clicking on the Reorder button on the top-right of your screen and dragging and dropping the tasks in whatever order you prefer.
Once you’ve created General Tasks, you should categorize them by type. Don't you worry though, these are not set in stone and you can change these settings at any time.
Here are the categories you can use:
- Unproductive Time
This is what all new General Tasks are set to by default. If either “Exclude from Occupancy” or “Productive Time” is not checked, then the task falls into this category.
- Exclude from Occupancy
This would be an unpaid activity. Things like lunch fall under this category since the time is unpaid but still needs to be tracked.
- Productive Time
This category is for activities that are on-par with support related tasks. For example, if an agent needs to work on social media management, you can add a task for it and track it as Productive Time.
Note: Remember, unproductive time isn’t bad – it’s a fact of support life. Things like attending training sessions need to happen, but they aren’t a core focus of an agent’s job. That’s why they fall under this category, even if they are necessary activities.
Step 3: Understand Agent Activity
To access Agent Activity:
- Log into your Tymeshift WebApp.
- Hover over Agent Activity on the top navigation bar.
- Click on Agent Activity in the dropdown that appears.
You can also use the shortcut CMD + K or CTRL + K on any Tymeshift page and search for Agent Activity.
You can then filter the Agent Activity by:
- Collapsing or expanding the folders to show the groupings you've selected and only the group of agents that you want to look at.
- Using the search bar to search for agents, groups, teams or locations. You can also use the shortcut CMD + F on Mac or CTRL + F on Windows to quickly do a search.
- Specific date - by default the Agent Activity will show you activity for today but you can select a previous date using the date selector one day at a time.
- Click into an activity segment and select "Edit Activity" to delete blocks of time for agents if needed.
- Click into an activity segment and select "Open Zendesk Ticket" to open the specific ticket the agent was working on inside of Zendesk. This can be a great way to audit work done on tickets specifically, without having to search for the ticket number in Zendesk.
The time in the Agent Activity is separated into different activities (Channel work, General Tasks and Untracked). By clicking on the agents name, you will be able to see a summary of their activities broken down into Paid and Unpaid time on the right side of the screen. Paid time would be any activity that is included in Occupancy (Time on Tickets, Training, etc.) and Unpaid time would be time that is excluded from Occupancy (For example, Lunch).
Step 5: Train your agents
Once an agent is in Zendesk, they will be able to Start or End their Day in the Tymeshift App. It is important for agents to clock in (Start Day) and out (End Day) so that their activities are properly tracked.
This feature allows your agents to begin their day and Tymeshift will start tracking all activities. If agent clocks into a ticket in Zendesk, then their day will automatically start. Otherwise, they should take the following steps:
- Open the Tymeshift App in Zendesk.
- Click on the Start Day button in the upper right corner.
This feature allows your agents to end their day. It is necessary to stop the clock from running and prevent Untracked Time from being recorded. It is especially useful because it helps agents avoid having time tracked after the end of their shift.
To use the End Day feature, agents should:
- Open the Tymeshift App in Zendesk.
- Click on End Day in the upper right corner.
Selecting General Tasks
When an agent is ready to take time outside of Zendesk throughout the day, all they need to do is select the General Task that applies to that activity before they start.
When they come back to Zendesk, they won’t need to do anything. They'll automatically be clocked out from the task the moment they start to work on a ticket, chat, or call.
Important: please note that due to technical limitations closing Zendesk or logging out of Zendesk will not end the day in Tymeshift automatically.
If you have any questions while getting started - please reach out to your point of contact at Tymeshift, or the Tymeshift Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Tymeshifting!