We've created a way to enable your agents to have a complete view of their Schedules without the need to log out of their Zendesk environment. In the new app, agents will be able to check what their current task is and what's coming up next for that day as well as the rest of their scheduled activities. Now, Agent Schedule is at their fingertips!
Important: the Agent Schedule only works with our new Automated Schedule feature. Thus our Enterprise plan customers and their agents will have access to Agent Schedule by default, no further permissions are required. For customers that subscribed after July 27th, this will be available in the new Professional and Enterprise plan.
Note: you will also have a view of the Manual Schedule in the tymeshift widget in Zendesk and it might be different from the Automated Schedule.
To access the Agent Schedule feature, your agents will have to log in to their Zendesk account and our new feature will be located on the left sidebar. Simply click on the tymeshift icon and it will reveal your new Agent Schedule. Be sure that the users have the Scheduling Permissions enabled in Zendesk and WebApp in the agents' Permissions.
Note: when agents will access their Schedule in Zendesk, tymeshift tracking will switch them to Untracked time.
In this section, you will learn what you can see and do in the Agent Schedule. Let's start with the top bar functions:
- Left and right arrow icons let you change the view to the previous or next week.
- The calendar icon allows you to choose the date you want to see in your weekly schedule view.
- Today will return you to the current week.
On the left side of your weekly schedule view, you will see:
- The current date.
- Now section shows you a task that is assigned for the current time based on the set intraday (if your schedule is empty you should instead see a No task message).
- Up Next shows you the task you're supposed to work on next (if you have nothing scheduled for after you should see a No task message).
Requesting Time Off
- Click on the beach icon ( ) located on the top bar.
- A message pops up in the middle of the schedule asking: "Select the shift you'd like to request time off for" and your past shifts disappear
- Now you can hover over the shift you'd like to ask time off for and click anywhere on it
- A modal pops up for you to fill in the details:
a. Reason (required): you can choose the pre-defined reason for the time off.
b. Start time (required): the time you're supposed to be off. Initially, it shows your entire shift, but you can change it.
c. Duration (required): the duration for the time off.
d. Message to Manager (optional): any additional info you want to send to your manager.
e. You can then click to Request Time Off or Cancel the request
- Your request will be sent to your manager and you'll see it in the Pending Requests section
- Once it's approved it will show up in the Approved Time Off section and you'll also be able to see it marked on your schedule.
- If you want to cancel a pending or approved request you can do so by selecting the three dots next to the requested date and clicking on Cancel time off
- A pop shows up to ask you to confirm this and you can click on Cancel time off to delete the request or Cancel to cancel this action
Note: You can only request time off one shift at a time and for now it's not possible to request time off on days where you do not have a shift.