The 2 metrics Handled and Attended can be a little hard to differentiate sometimes so below, we will break down how they are counted with some examples and when to use them.
Handled point can be used to identify how many unique tickets an agent was working on in that particular day. This is because handled point is the unique tickets’ count that an agent dealt with in 12h blocks.
- Agent A opens ticket #1234 and sends a public reply, Agent A gets 1 handled point.
- Agent A opens ticket #1235 and updates the ticket forms and hits submit, Agent A gets 1 handled point.
- Agent A goes back into ticket #1234 and sends another public reply in the same day, Agent A does not get another handled point because the agent already worked on that ticket and received a handled point.
An attended point can be used to see how many times an agent actioned on a ticket because it records independently the interactions in each ticket (each submit action). Do note that agents will not receive multiple points for a single audit (I.e. If they leave a comment AND change the status and THEN click SUBMIT they will receive 1 attended point only). Here are some examples of what counts as an action:
- Changing the status of a ticket (except if it is to solved then only a solved point is given in this case)
- Leaving a public comment or an internal comment
- Changing the assignee of the ticket to yourself
- Changing the assignee of the ticket to someone in the same group the agent is in) so it will depend if the customer wants to know the unique tickets agents worked on, or the number of times agents add to work on a specific ticket to solve it
- Agent A opens ticket #1234 and sends a public reply, Agent A gets 1 attended point.
- Agent A opens ticket #1235 and updates the ticket forms and hits submit, Agent A gets 1 attended point.
- Agent A goes back into ticket #1234 and sends another public reply, Agent A gets another attended point. So in total, Agent A gets 2 Attended points for ticket #1234 in the above scenario.
With all that said, which metric to use depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for the number of unique tickets an agent was working on each day, then Handled Point would be the metric to use. On the other hand, if you are looking for productivity in a day or the number of times an agent worked on a specific ticket each day to solve it, Attended Point would be the metric to use.