Creating a schedule shouldn’t be time-consuming, especially if it’s something you need to do often! You can create Shift Templates for your schedules, and use them in the future to build shifts more easily.
Follow the steps below to create a Shift Template:
- Click on Schedule (located in the top menu bar).
- Click on the Shift Templates icon (located on the left-hand menu).
- Click on the Add Shift Template button (located on the upper right of your screen).
- An Add Template popup box will appear. In this box, add the following information:
- Template Name – name this Shift Template.
- Days – choose which days you want to be on this schedule.
- Start time – choose what time of day the schedule should start.
- End time – choose what time of day the schedule should end.
- Intraday Schedule – Choose which activity you want to assign to the agent during each interval. Not sure what this means? Check out the Intraday Schedule article here.
- Agent Staffing Target – Write the target number of agents for this shift.
- Assignee(s) – Insert the names of the agents you want on this shift.
- Don’t forget to hit the Save button!
- Your Shift Template has been created.
Once Created you can Edit, Delete and verify assigned agents of your Templates by right-clicking on each of them:
Note that you can also create Blockout and Exception:
- Blockout: define days or periods when your Team cannot request Time off (for instance during the hight season).
- Exception: define days or periods when you cannot schedule your agents (bank holidays for example).