If you'd like to track your agents' Chat activity in Zendesk Chat, you will need to install the Tymeshift for Zendesk Chat App. First, you need to install Tymeshift for Zendesk Support as it will allow you to perform the initial Tymeshift setup and create your Tymeshift account. Only then, can you proceed with the steps below to set up Tymeshift for Chat.
Important: in order to track Chat activities accurately, you must enable the option that will automatically create a Ticket for each Chat session. You can find information on how to enable this here.
- Go to the Zendesk Marketplace.
- Click Install on the Tymeshift for Zendesk Chat App.
- Select your Zendesk Chat account and click Install again.
Once the steps above are completed, the Chat App will begin tracking your agents' activity.
Note: check out this article if you are a Zopim user.
The Zendesk Chat API does not support Global OAuth like Zendesk Support does. As a result, Tymeshift requires an additional layer of authentication in order to collect all of your Chat-related metrics and reflect them in our Reports. Please follow the steps below to authorize Tymeshift with Zendesk's Chat API:
- Go to Settings in Zendesk Chat.
- Select Account.
- On the top bar, find API & SDKs.
- Click on API client.
- Fill in the required fields and click Create API Client (in the field Redirect URLs use this template with your Zendesk domain https://yourzendeskdomain.tymeapp.com/site/zopimoauthback
- Copy the generated link from the This is your client ID field and click Save changes.
- Go to the Admin section in your Tymeshift Account.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Show Advanced Options Settings.
- Paste your generated client ID in the Zendesk Chat Client ID field and click away from the text field to see the green Saved notification.
- Click on Authorize Tymeshift > Zendesk Chat.
Important: if you see the Zendesk Client ID field (empty or with the value) even after the last step is done or if you get the message "Something went wrong", please verify if the URL in step 5 is updated correctly. Also, makes sure the person authorizing the connection has the administrator rights in both, Zendesk and Tymeshift.