The Zendesk Quicktab extension prevents agents from duplicating their Zendesk tabs, which guarantees that Tymeshift is able to work at optimal efficiency. This extension is necessary to track all events accurately and track time more efficiently, resulting in correct time analysis outputs. The more accurate your analyses are, the more you can improve your agents' productivity.
Important: in July 2020, Zendesk announced the removal of the extension from the Chrome marketplace and Tymeshift is currently in touch with Zendesk to agree on the extension ownership takeover.
As a temporary solution, you can download the extension from the GitHub repository, however, please note the extension is not yet under Tymeshift's ownership.
- Download the Zendesk Quicktab from the GitHub repository and by clicking on the .
- In the drop-down, select to download the Zip file.
- Once downloaded, extract (double-click) the Zip file and move it into a permanent location as Chrome will externally load the files (if the file is moved or deleted from this location, the extension will no longer work).
- Extract (double-click) the zip file from the releases folder.
- Go to your chrome browser, and input chrome://extensions in the address bar (in some cases you will also need to turn on the developer mode by toggling it on (it is located on the top right of the screen)
- Drag the unzipped folder structure quicktab-for-chrome-v0.11.6 (version may change) into your Chrome extensions window.