When troubleshooting complex issues, it is sometimes necessary for our customer service team to obtain additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser while an issue occurs. A customer service team member may request that you record a HAR file, or a log of network requests, while that issue is occurring and then provide that to them for further analysis.
Below are some instructions about how you can easily generate a HAR file using Google Chrome. If you do not already have Google Chrome installed, please download it here and install it .
NOTE: Please grab a screen recording as well while recording the HAR file so the Product Team can follow the steps that was reproduced on the customer account.
To generate the HAR file for Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- From the Chrome menu bar select View > Developer > Developer Tools .
- From the panel opens at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button ( ) in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log .
- Click the Clear button ( ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content , and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that we may analyze it.
Here's an animation showing the steps outlined above: