On February 12th, 2019 Zendesk announced the depreciation of their v1 apps framework, which will result in the removal of apps running on the v1 framework as of October 14th, 2019.
Below are some details regarding the migration.
- Will Tymeshift be supporting the new v2 framework? Yes! Tymeshift is now supporting v2.
- When will Tymeshift be switching to v2? We completed the migration to v2 on the 13th of October, 2019. You can find more details on our status page.
- Do I need to do anything on the 13th of October? If your Tymeshift app is open on your Zendesk instance before the switch, you will have to refresh your browser page in order to see the new app. If you open the Tymeshift app in your Zendesk for the first time on the day after the switch, then you'll see the migrated v2 Tymeshift. In some cases you may need to complete installation and admin of your account may need to perform a few steps:
- Log into your Zendesk account.
- Click on the Tymeshift icon in Zendesk Support.
- Select the Click here button.
- Wait for your agents to load and login.
- Have your agents to click on the TS icon in their Zendesk accounts to refresh the app.
- How is v2 different from v1? Well, beyond a few layout changes, you won't notice any difference. Everything will work just the same as it did before. Here's a quick video showing you the new layout in case you're curious: