Running a Forecast could not be any easier than one click! Select the Workstream and tymeshift will start crunching the numbers and will display future contact volumes and staffing needs.
Note: it may take a moment to see the Forecast for the Workstreams as it depends on how much historical ticket data you have.
In some cases we may not have enough data collected yet to show the Forecast and instead we will show you a Fauxcast. The Fauxcast simply repeats the actual forecast, for example, if you have 3 months of data, we simply repeat the 3 month pattern for the remainder of the year. You may want to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can initiate a manual historical ticket data collection.
When you are on the Forecast page, you will first need to create Workstreams (otherwise known as channels) and they will appear on the left side. You can create any additional Workstreams or even modify the current ones. Get more information about that here.
Here are some additional functions you can do with Workstreams on your Forecast page:
- You can hide/show a Workstream on your main trends chart by selecting to show the Workstream in the Forecast or to hide it.
- Workstreams with additional volume adjustments will have a icon added next to them for easier identification.
- You can recalculate a Forecast at any time by selecting the option when you hover over the Workstream and click on the icon.
- To change the color of the Workstream, you don't need to go to the Workstreams page. Instead, just hover over the Workstream and click on the option under the icon.
- You can also group them in one folder in case you want to see a combined Forecast for multiple Workstreams. Simply click on the to create a folder and drag and drop your Workstreams there. To remove the folder, select Ungroup from the menu.
Once your Forecast is available, it will be displayed on the Inbound volume chart and the color will represent the color of the Workstream. You will be able to see historical data and future volume estimations. On the inbound volume chart, you'll be able to select daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly views of the incoming workload.
Note: Inbound volume chart will contain a dot that marks where the historical data ends and the Forecast begins. Every time you recalculate the Forecast, the mark will move accordingly.
Hovering over the chart intervals will show you the values of expected volumes for the selected Workstreams.
Right under the chart, you also have an option to see a Table view of the estimated incoming volumes and the values for each Workstream shown based on the selected interval option. You can easily export table data by clicking on the CSV icon on the top right of the table (the file will be saved in your downloads folder).
The Forecast gives you the ability to adjust your expected volumes based on unique events (marketing campaigns, feature sunset, etc.). We cover all of that information in the Edit Forecast section.
Based on the Forecast, tymeshift will also show you the staff count needed to handle the expected workload in the FTE count chart. Colors will represent the selected Workstream and you'll see the values of FTE required once you hover over the chart. Just like with the Forecast, you also have an option to see FTE count in a Table view when you select that option under the chart and you can easily export FTE table data by clicking on the CSV icon on the top right of the table (the file will be saved in your downloads folder).
Note: we show the projected FTE count for the upcoming dates and do not store historical FTE calculations.
With tymeshift Forecast, you can also modify your FTE parameters. Again, we cover all of that information in the Edit Forecast section.
Note: When tymeshift calculates FTE, Zendesk business hours are not taken into account. Instead, it will show you the staff requirement based on the historical times of incoming volumes, so you can consider business hours adjustments if needed.
- Access Forecast and choose the Workstream you would like to import the data for
- Select three dots next to the Workstream you choose and click on "Import Historical Volume"
- Download the template created and upload it to your Google Drive
- Open the file with Google Sheets and edit your new Historical Data
- Upload new Historical Volume
- Generate new Forecast
Additionally, all the steps above are demonstrated in this video: